Blogs and Wikis
1) What is a Blog?
A web site on which an individual or group of users record information on a regular basis.
2) What is a Wiki?
A website developed by a group of people, allowing any user to add and edit content.
3) What is the difference between them?
The difference between a Blog and a Wiki is that a Blog is a sort of online journal that a person updates everyday whereas a Wiki is for content that any user can edit and comment on.
4) What is an online digital portfolio?
An online digital portfolio is where people can upload images, multimedia, blog entries and hyperlinks onto a website. It can show you the learning progress on the user and can build confidence.
5) What are three most important features of a digital portfolio?
· It is very easy and simple to access.
· It records your learning progress and show other user what you have been doing.
· It can build your ability to do different things on the internet.
6) List one advantage and one disadvantage of a digital portfolio.
· An advantage is that the online portfolio can help build yourself confidence.
· A disadvantage is that people can take your information and use it as their own. This is called plagiarism.