2. Rectangular Marquee Tool (M)
3. Lasso Tool (L)
4. Quick Selection Tool (W)
5. Slice Tool (C)
6. Eyedropper Tool (I)
7. Spot Healing Brush Tool (J)
8. Brush Tool (B)
9. Clone Stamp Tool (S)
10. History Brush Tool (Y)
1. You can use this tool to move things. It is usually used to move a layer around after it has been placed. Hold the [shift] key to limit the movements to vertical/horizontal.
2. Use this tool to make selections in a rectangular shape. Holding the [shift] key whilst dragging your selection restricts the shape to a perfect square and holding the [alt] key while dragging sets the center of the rectangle to where you started.
3. Use this to draw selections in whatever shape you would like. To close the selection, just double-click.
4. Using the quick selection tool is very quick and simple. You are able to add and create backgrounds easily and enhance your images in any way you want.
5. This tool is mostly used when building website, or splitting up one image into smaller pieces.
6. This tool allows you to change the foreground colour. Holding [alt] key will change your background colour. This is a mildly advanced tool.
7. You can use this tool to repair scratches and specs on images. It works very similarly to the brush tool. Hold the [alt] key and select the nicer area of your image. Let go of the key and paint over the bad area. It copies the information from the first area to the second.
8. This was one of the first tools and is what Photoshop is based off. It paints your image in whatever colour you have selected and whatever size you have selected. There are many advanced options to it.
9. This tool is very similar to the Spot Healing Brush Tool. You use it the exact same way, except this tool doesn't blend. It just directly copies the information from the first selected area to the second.
10. This tool works like the Brush Tool except the information that it paints with is from the original state of your image. You have to go on Windows>History, and select your History state and then the tool will paint with that information.